Monday, January 5, 2009

On your marks, get set….

First up – I do apologize for the general lack of Bloggersize over the past few weeks. You know the drill – holidays, visits from the family, too many glasses of Shiraz under the setting sun, etcetera. It’s been a crazy old time as of late – I put two, count em, two Hawaii books to bed just before Christmas, managed to escape with the fam down to the beach and find some surfing and get myself ready for the next adventure.

Right now I’m writing this from a very hot little room far away from home. I’m actually in an under-ventilated youth hostel in Auckland – but the wheels are in motion, I am on my way to Africa to start the big ride. The next month is going to be an interesting time – to say the least!

I Look forward to sharing my experience with you – warts and all. With that attitude in mind I will leave you with the parting words a few friends passed onto me last night as they toasted my success:

“May you sweat glands function,
May you not die,
May your undercarriage become leathery.”

Pretty much sums it up, if you ask me.

I’ll post again soon – off to a pretty cool concert tonight – more on that later!
Cheers
Scott

No comments: