Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Running the Routeburn - Twice... The movie

Last May I undertook an amazing adventure with my good friend Christian Martin. We ran the spectacular Routeburn walking track, not once but twice in one day. It made for an amazing 65km journey. As we were running I was also filming. Now available on-line for the first time is the film that I shotthat day. Co-produced by the fine folks at Lonely Planet TV – I did the shooting (and the running) and they handled the post-production. They’ve done a fantastic job of putting it together and I’m really proud of the final product! Follow this link to see the video and I hope you enjoy!

Running the Routeburn with LP author Scott Kennedy
Cheers,
Scott

2 comments:

Robs said...

Have just discovered your webpage and blog via a tour d'afrique newsletter. What fun! Seeing your picks of running the routeburn I thought I'd leave you with a suggestion just in case you are looking for another adventure sometime in the future - the Kepler Challenge (http://www.keplerchallenge.co.nz/)
Absolutely stunning run, and very well organised. I ran it in 2005 and loved it.

You have some lovely photos. Thank you for sharing them, I will enjoy reading stories of adventures around the globe!

Scott Kennedy said...

Hi Robs,

thanks for the comments and cheers for the support!

I've run the Kepler Challenge too - I ran it in 2007 and it was a great adventure! I think the Kepler was more challenging than the double Routeburn (though that might have more to do with the fact that i came down with a stomach flu and spent that last 40km of the Kepler Track feeling fairly miserable!)

thanks again and all the best in your adventures!

cheers,
Scott