Friday, July 18, 2008

I am a fake cowboy


Howdy Blogland!

Well it’s been a great visit to Canada, as always. Full of fun in the mountains (complete with bear sightings and snow in July) and catching up with old friends. We happened to coincide with an iconic Calgary event this year – The Calgary Stampede. For those not in the know the Stampede is an enormous rodeo, music festival, carnival, pancake breakfast and over indulgent party that lasts for the first 10 days of July. It was great fun and a real cultural experience for my wife Sophie, who hailing from Australia was endlessly fascinated by the whole experience. Here are a few pics that tell the story of our stampede experience. By the way this is the first time I’ve been coaxed into cowboy gear in about 15 years (what can I say, Soph was keen to really get into it – and how can I blame her!)

That’s a big yee-haw and a yah-hoo from Cowtown!
Cheers
Scott

1 comment:

Chris M said...

Do you know why cowboys aren't circumcised?
So they have somewhere to put their Copenhagen while they eat.
Zing!
I'm here all week folks...

chris