Friday, February 20, 2009

Ox pulled plows and sat phones

Paul

Since I’ve been home from my ride on the Tour d’Afrique I’ve been eagerly following along my comrades as they continue the adventure to Cape Town. There are a number of great blogs that I’ve been reading and watching. I’m going to be highlighting some of my favorites as the team gets closer to the ultimate goal. To start off today I wanted to draw your attention to Paul Porter’s Audio Blog – Paul is a really interesting guy, he’s professor at the University of Minnesota where he teaches in the agriculture faculty. While he’s riding in Africa he is actually teaching a course on the farming methods of Africa – by satellite phone! It’s a great project and a class I’d love to be in. luckily for us, you can listen in on his daily audio blogs via his website – the 3minute blogs are a great insight into what is going on in the ride and also what the surrounding land, agriculture and people are all about. I’d highly recommend checking it out – it’s well worth a listen!

~Scott

No comments: