Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This is how I did it.

Last week I posted this photo and posed the simple question of, “How did I do this?” I gave a few hints by saying that it wasn’t done in post production (Photoshop) or by attaching a filter to the camera. There were some good guesses (and some odd ones...) but Kelly Third (fellow Western Academy of Photography Graduate) got it in one. I shot the photo ‘through’ a water glass.



So why did I do this? I wanted to illustrate a concept that I’m coming to embrace more and more these days. Art is everywhere and the only limits to creativity are the barriers we put in front of ourselves. Last year I posted a similar photo taken by my nephew Tom – Tom shot this by placing his finger over the flash and illuminating the scene red. Genius. Read the original post HERE.



Thanks for reading, thanks for guessing and keep on the lookout for art – it’s everywhere...

No comments: