Thursday, April 17, 2008

Canada Live!

Well after months of work and nearly as much anticipation, Lonely Planet - Canada 10 has hit the streets. For those not in the know I wrote the Alberta & Saskatchewan chapters for this latest edition. I’ve finally got my mitts around an actual copy of the book and it looks great! My fellow authors have really outdone themselves and my portion of the effort has really come together just as I wanted. Seeing as it’s been officially released I can also let you know that this book also features a good bit of my photography. There is an opening section in the book that features the “Highlights of Canada” – 3 of my images were featured as well as my description of the Icefields Parkway as the number one highlight of Canada! Here are the images - the grain elevator in "Climax" Saskatchewan, The train leaving Jasper Alberta and a Chuckwagon race in central Alberta - plus this photo of me on the road.

Have a look through if you get the chance – you can order a copy HERE and have one for yourself! You’ll also find descriptions of some of my all time favourite places; The Ship & Anchor, The Drake, Moraine Lake, The River CafĂ©, The Galaxy Diner, Laggan’s and a whole host of other perennial classics that I was proud to spout on about.




Happy travels!
Cheers,
Scott

1 comment:

Josh McCulloch said...

Well done Scott, it looks awesome! Your comment about the Drake takes me back. Some of my fondest memories are sharing a pint with friends (including you!) on the couches at the Drake after a great day of Ice Climbing...

Keep it up! Cheers, Josh
Josh McCulloch Photography