Sunday, August 3, 2008

Art – anywhere, anytime...

In my life, my laptop is rarely more then about 3 feet from me. It’s the nature of the beast in the 21st century – we are permanently hard-wired into the matrix. Love it or hate it, we are connected. Though not all are a fan of this level of connectivity, there are some pretty cool side benefits. No, I’m not talking about Facebook (am I the only one that thinks that it’s at 14 minutes and counting?) what I’m referring to is art and the ability to create it at a moments notice.

As a photographer I’m a huge fan of digital manipulation, putting photos into Photoshop and creating something interesting. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. As you can see I’m not about adding second heads to bodies – I like taking a piece of art and creating a new piece of art, in a different direction.



Now even if you aren’t into Photoshop there are some really cool applications that are worth checking out. http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/ is a program that will compile a series of photos into a mosaic – very cool stuff. Have a look at this pic and see what I’m talking about. If you look really close at this example you can see that this photo of me is made up of about 3000 individual images of me.


Now if you’re keen to get your Jackson Pollock on be sure to have a look at http://www.jacksonpollock.org/ you can create your own abstract art masterpieces – it’s lots of fun and a great way to get a creative buzz at a moments notice.


Have fun and remember that the potential for art is everywhere
SK

No comments: