Monday, November 10, 2008

Aloha!


Every job has its perks – and at the moment things are looking perky. Those who’ve been following along at home or if you’ve had a look at the ‘where in the world is Scott’ box on the right-hand side of the screen you’ll know that right now I’m in Hawaii. Hawaii home of grotesque button down shirts, McLovin, Ukulele solo’s, lots of big surf and for the next three weeks or so, me. It’s been a great trip so far – I arrived day before yesterday and have settled into my condo nicely. But every trip has its challenges. One of the reasons this blog has been pretty quiet over the past few days is that my computer went through a full-on meltdown. Joy of joys I had to wipe the entire hard-drive including the operating system and re-load from scratch. Luckily this has happened to be before so I don’t leave home without backup copies of my installation discs and a external hard drive to back-up everything. That’s my insider tip of the day, Murphy’s Law is in full effect when traveling with a laptop – prepare for the worst.

I’ll leave you with a couple of pictures and the promise of more stories to come!
Aloha,
sk

No comments: