Friday, August 7, 2009

The art of the rest day

After a good long push around the Great Lakes – the arrivalk in Sioux Lookout for three days of rest was a welcome reprieve. With a gaggle of extended family in town it was a whirlwind of visits, catch-ups and relaxation. In my three days in town there were some real highlights that are best exemplified in these photo’s of the day. On Saturday we headed off to the dump to check out the bears (as you do…)


On Sunday I was part of a bocce ball tournament that was great fun. The action started at 8.30am which coincidently was the time that I had my first beer of the day. This pretty much set the tone for the day… in the end my team which consisted of me, my cousin Jamie, my cousin-in-law Kevin and friend Robbie didn’t exactly light it up. Dispite our passion for the game (trash talking), innate skill (luck) and focus (on drinking) we ended the day with the unenviable record of 0 and 4. ouch. Next year we decided to start drinking at about 5am so by the time the first game starts we’ll be ‘ready’.


On my final day in town I hung out with the family and had a great day seeing everyone. As I went to bed I looked out the window of the cabin and saw this amazing sight. The moon rising over the lake was as bright as day.

No comments: