Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 14

When I woke up I was tired and sore. Even though I’d just had a few days of rest I was still knackered. It was a deep seeded tiredness that just won’t go away until I actually stop and stop for a long while.

The headwinds were back and worse. It was always going to be a big day – I was planning on clocking up around 160km. trouble is, the town at 160km had no place to stay for the night. All there was to do was keep going. And keeping going meant going all the way to Winnipeg. By the time I got here, I’d clocked up 212km for the day. I was shattered. Beyond shattered.

It was a day filled with pain. The accumulated miles of the trip so far were really adding up. My whole body just ached – from the core out. The reality of the adventure was on my shoulders like a ton of bricks. It was decision time. I’d decided from the get-go that this trip was less about seeing the countryside and more about pushing my limits. I wanted to see how far I could push things – and that’s just what I did. Heavy thoughts as I drifted to sleep…

Recap:
Distance - 212km
Location – Winnipeg, Manitoba
Accommodation – hotel
Beard status – Randy “Macho-Man” Savage
Song of the day – Drop D - Betchadupa
Photo of the day – The Road

No comments: